REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
The maintenance manager will ensure the efficient and economic operation of the hotel maintenance department. This includes support of the daily housekeeping and hotel guest rooms’ preventative maintenance. The manager will coordinate special requests of all operating departments with the building management.
The position will require the manager to ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel and manage all rehabilitation, expansion and special projects for the hotel.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of hotel maintenance management or related experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, H.V.A.C. systems, boilers, mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Ability to work varied shifts and/or weekends
- Conducts walkthroughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovations projects to offices, and employee work areas.
- Supervises and manages the Engineering staff
- Serves as consultant and liaison to the General Manager regarding any special Hotel projects, including any minor or major renovation projects; Informs the General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses and inputs information into computer system and generates reports.
- Maintains a well-defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
- Ensures that all employees report for duty punctually.
- Creates an efficient and professional team of employees.
- Implements a departmental training program ensuring the necessary skills of all employees to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
- Ensures that all employees are fully familiar with and have a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policies are being strictly adhered to.
- Selects and recruits, in conjunction with the HR Office, suitable employees for the operation. Knowledgeable of statutory legislation in employment in industrial relations.
- Trains staff to exceed guest expectations by identifying their individual skills and fine tune them in order to best meet and exceed the needs of our guest.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.