REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
To manage the activities of the Housekeeping Department by directing employees and
implementing standards and performance in a manner that creates extraordinary guest service
experience. Ensure that all activities within the Housekeeping Department focus and
concentrate on complete guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
- At least 2-3 years of progressive Housekeeping Manager experience in a hotel industry required
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previous luxury property experience in housekeeping with supervisory responsibilities.
- Previous experience in training the Room Attendants and Houseman.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Able to work varied shifts and/or weekends
- The ability to ensure service and production is provided in the proper manner, and with the usual high standards of the Refinery Hotel.
- The ability to complete, in a timely fashion, all schedules and monitor staffing to insure maximum service, quality, efficiency and productivity. Also to monitor fluctuations in occupancy so that schedules may be adjusted in a timely manner.
- The ability to monitor daily assignments to insure that proper quotas and standards are maintained.
- The ability to establish safe working conditions and practices.
- The ability to participate actively in physical inventories of all uniforms, linens and supplies.
- The ability to work directly with outside contracted companies when on hotel premises.
- The ability to ensure all personnel are exposed to constant refinement, training and development on an ongoing basis.
- The ability to ensure all daily and weekly payroll reports and sign-in sheets are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- The ability to oversee the start of housekeeping shifts in the morning and evening.
- The ability to participate in the monitoring of cost management as it pertains to inventories, sue of supplies, labor and energy.
- The ability to maintain good working relationships with all Department Heads in the Hotel at all times.
- The ability to make scheduled tours of the hotel, noting deficiencies and ensuring proper follow-up procedures.
- The ability to participate in a consistent room’s inspection program, which is monitored by the Executive Housekeeper.
- The ability to maintain permanent records of inspections by room number and date.
- The ability to become familiar with the Laundry/Valet Department and be able to monitor standards pertaining to guest service, operational efficiency, safety, production, quality and personnel.
- The ability to review all work orders submitted and ensure all orders are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- The ability to assume all operation responsibilities in the absence of the Director of Housekeeper.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.