Putnam Nutrition is looking for a web developer to update its new website.
The program will last a minimum of eight weeks and offers mentoring from those at the top of their game, networking opportunities and provides real world experience in a fun, start- up like environment. Our interns are part of the team and will work on meaningful projects throughout the program and will have the opportunity to connect with other interns and engage in professional development activities supplemental to the job.
This is an unpaid internship.
Purpose: We're looking for someone on the computer science track. Experience developing and shipping code is necessary, as you will be contributing to some of our most important projects.
Over the course of this internship, you will...
- Be responsible for helping expand and scale our existing content management system (WordPress), currently supporting more than 5 networks on our platform.
- Our properties serve content to thousands of users per month
- Work with senior management on one or more projects during your internship with the goal of shipping fully-functional, production-ready code.
- Be a part of each project from the very beginning and will learn how to gather requirements, create business requirement documents and sketch out technical solutions within our code stack.
- Apply the team's engineering standards through continuous code review, and use our project management system to push code through QA, testing, and eventually into production.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university getting either a bachelors or graduate degree, majoring in Computer Science, Math, Computer Engineering or a similar and applicable field
- WordPress development experience (preferred)
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Hunger to learn new programming languages
- General understanding of version control
- Prior work in an Agile environment
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Be proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve desired results
Putnam Nutrition Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.